Thursday, November 26, 2009

check one two


Since April, I've been working on a singing project with a fella named Mat. I haven't talked about it much with anyone - wanted to get my head around it before making too much noise. But we're almost over the big hump of 'start-up' work, so I'm feeling more comfortable discussing it. :)

Earlier this year, I hit a low patch. Boredom and depression seem to accompany each other in my head, so rather than sitting around like a bowl of mash, I joined a football team and decided to get in touch with my musical side (no, not my arse).

My mate dos4gw helped me record a singing demo to email to prospectives. A few emails later, my cousin put me in touch with a guy named Mat - a local DJ and producer. Since then, my music time has been filled with learning stuff, trying stuff out, and most of all, being disciplined and committed to our sort-of-weekly-or-fortnightly creative sessions.

Over the last seven months, we've worked on two songs. This weekend, we're hitting the studio to try and finish off all the voice recordings. I'm really excited.

It's not been a walk in the park. I've skipped out on pub time, game time, slack time, me time. It's been a real test of mental and physical energy, working it around the week's sport, work and the usual mood & health fluctuations. Hard work aside, it's been fun, and will be really awesome to get to enjoy the fruits of our labour.

Not 100% sure when the single will launch yet. I think it's around December-January - will share more when I learn more. :)

Football was sick as, tonight. We won 9-2. Yeahhhhh~ and I scored a goal. WOOOOOO~ and now I'm really tired and want to recline on the couch now. Good night. :)

No comments: