Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Have heard many showers today; I'm sure I'll be the last out of bed.
Went to Duckstein yesterday and ate heaps. Would like a food treat to
look forward to today. Got such a craving for noodles. Hmm!
We're back home tomorrow. It's been an awesome relaxing trip so far :)
quite the sabbatical. I know I struggle with stress and anxiety, and
I've been making a conscious effort to manage it. No sense in letting
things get shit before trying to fix, so it's an ongoing endeavour.
This little holiday leaves me in a slightly better state. :)
One regret is not getting to skywatch much cos of wet grass and
overcast night. But there's still this evening to go - maybe it will
be right for it. See how.
Time for breakfast. Laters!
Monday, December 28, 2009
Getting hell cabin fever, despite a visit from @davioo (http://twitter.com/davioo
) and a trip to the pool. But arg, mojitos are on the way. Oh
decisions! What a difficult life.
Might go on an evening walk later.
Brewery visit tomorrow hopefully. Maybe more pool. Rarr~
Sunday, December 27, 2009
Saturday, December 26, 2009
Friday, December 25, 2009
Thursday, December 24, 2009
of Andrew and myself.
A racecar with turret, primary gun seat, secondary gun seat, water
tank so gunners stay hydrated, and gunnery wings so the turret tower
can break away and fly. Yayyyyyy!
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
get chased down the street by some white guy with no shirt.
Today, I got a call from the police asking me to go in to give a
statement. While waiting for the proper interview room to be freed up,
the officer and I sat in the interview room they put baddies in. It
was way creepier than the one for goodies, which had soft chairs and a
box of tissues in case of emogency.
It took about an hour all up - we ran through what I saw, went over it
a couple of times and expounded on some detail. Officer typed
everything out in a formal document for me to sign.
Goodness! It's laid out so neatly! Numbered dotpoints, short line
length, tidy courier typeface, giant leading, lots of whitespace;
I wish webdesign were that lovely. Got given a copy of it for
reference (posterity); have tucked it in a box, next to my uni degree
that I never use and a pair of red woolly mittens from a friend I
hardly see anymore.
Saturday, November 28, 2009
bedroom window, so I picked up a gun and shot him in the head. Then
felt guilty for killing a guy who was probably going to kill me instead.
And then, if that wasn't disturbing enough, while I was trying to look
up the dream meaning on my phone, I realised I was still stuck in a
dream and couldn't get my phone to work. How claustro. :|
According to dreammoods.com, I'm in the process of destroying things
that try to mess with my state of mind.
How exciting! That will definitely come in handy today at the company
football tournament. It's been more than a year since my tourney team
has played together - this could be quite a laugh.
Got a photo of the flytrap. It's not a good pic, but you can just see
the little bud stalk in the middle. Seriously, flytraps are hideous
things - this terrarium is not at all pretty - so I'm hell stoked at
the idea of a blooming things. :) more and better pics to come if I
catch it in time.
Thursday, November 26, 2009
Since April, I've been working on a singing project with a fella named Mat. I haven't talked about it much with anyone - wanted to get my head around it before making too much noise. But we're almost over the big hump of 'start-up' work, so I'm feeling more comfortable discussing it. :)
Earlier this year, I hit a low patch. Boredom and depression seem to accompany each other in my head, so rather than sitting around like a bowl of mash, I joined a football team and decided to get in touch with my musical side (no, not my arse).
My mate dos4gw helped me record a singing demo to email to prospectives. A few emails later, my cousin put me in touch with a guy named Mat - a local DJ and producer. Since then, my music time has been filled with learning stuff, trying stuff out, and most of all, being disciplined and committed to our sort-of-weekly-or-fortnightly creative sessions.
Over the last seven months, we've worked on two songs. This weekend, we're hitting the studio to try and finish off all the voice recordings. I'm really excited.
It's not been a walk in the park. I've skipped out on pub time, game time, slack time, me time. It's been a real test of mental and physical energy, working it around the week's sport, work and the usual mood & health fluctuations. Hard work aside, it's been fun, and will be really awesome to get to enjoy the fruits of our labour.
Not 100% sure when the single will launch yet. I think it's around December-January - will share more when I learn more. :)
Football was sick as, tonight. We won 9-2. Yeahhhhh~ and I scored a goal. WOOOOOO~ and now I'm really tired and want to recline on the couch now. Good night. :)
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Had a really lovely day yesterday. Spent it with comfortable friends,
played football, ate BBQ, went for a swim, made salsa spud dinner, did
some zine writing, then watched some exciting MMA fights.
Slept like a log. I love those nights where I'm completely spent and
collapse into bed.
However, I don't love those Monday mornings where I wake up sore and
groggy and have to haul ass to work.
Today shall be a day of little milestones and encouraging treats like
finishing drafts, making a work plan for the next 4 weeks, buying some
lemon for my water jug, and so on.
Good morning, everyone. It is Monday.
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
tigger doesn't know what he's talking about.
we ran into some passport trouble at the airport. those wise guys got us with the old "you need 6 months on your passport to travel" trick. and just like that, our 5 days in singapore were gone. spat out like a spit-blanded piece of chewing gum on a perth sidewalk.
it was sad, but you know, home isn't so bad. to make up for it, we decided to do one of those "take a break without going anywhere" streaks, starting with a midnight run of borderlands.
1. this game is pretty damn cool. it was fun fun, like how playing WoW for the first time was fun (if you weren't already jaded by EQ and Second Life). levelling is much quicker, but not in that cheat0x hacked-server kind of way - it doesn't feel like a grind, it doesn't feel like you're losing out by playing casually, there's no anxiety, winnar. and it's fun fun the way tf2 and l4d are fun - you just run in and shoot shit up. get this if you have friends you can play with, it is fun. :)
2. saturday opened with a hotel stay. yeah, it feels a bit weird being in a hotel in your home city, but it was nice to get out of the house. drowned our no-airplane sorrows in epic retail therapy. i got me a man united shirt to make up for not hunting down the man u cafe in s'pore, bought a cheap compact digital camera to make up for not getting a slightly fancier one duty free, found a book on book-binding (yeah, meta) and some unmentionables to replace my ones that are ugly and stink.
3. went drinking on saturday night. boy, did we ever.
4. there was no sunday.
5. monday was much healthier with a less oppressive headache. i went for some girl time at the hair salon, played more borderlands, picked up tigger from the cat hotel, mailed a stack of zines (belatedly, sorry guys!), watched some real men's indoor football, cook spaghetti and... played more borderlands.
6. today, i faffed around a bit on the internet, hit the beach to get toasty, ate yummy fish and chips, thought about a few summer projects to keep busy, helped tigger update his twitter but found instead that he would rather tell everyone i smell like turds, and now i'm upgrading to sick-as windows 7 while looking for a new kitten.
HAPPY WORDS. :)
there's still one day left of my sort-of holiday. hope to spend it gearing up for lunchtime football, recovering from lunchtime football, then eating a lot.
sorry this post is so mundane. i hope that over the next few months, i'll be able to tell you more interesting things like new terrarium adventures, music stuff, and maybe new kitten stories. no singapore tales for awhile, no worries.
sandy and niaal didn't get on a plane on friday night. the airplane lady didn't let them board because they smelled like turds.
Saturday, October 31, 2009
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Got home last night to find some of his traps wide open, one
containing the carcass of an unfortunate delicious midgey.
Have brought him in to work for some sun. :) Come say hi if you're in
the building. His name is Harvey Bugman.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Lessons for next time:
- get long forceps
- use big dish so you don't get soil ALL OVER THE FLOOR
- need surgical gloves for precision fiddling
- get surgical scissors instead of blunt 10 year old kids craft scissors
- pick an easier plant next time :(
- pick easier container next time
I hope this little guy survives. Luckily, Venus flytraps don't need
rich soil. I reckon if I can just get him a couple bugs, he might have
enough energy to take root.
But of course, there are no bugs when you need them. :| garr.